In this article we will talk about why and how we can integrate SAP Business One with SuiteCRM. Before going into details, we must learn about the individual platforms. SAP Business one is an ERP software tool which is designed for small and medium organizations. It automates sales and service aspects of business. SAP Business one is also known as SAP B1. It is available both on-premises and cloud versions.
SuiteCRM is an open-source customer relationship management (CRM) platform which helps the organization to boost their sales revenue and help maintain a good relationship with the customers. To improve the growth, SuiteCRM provides email marketing, lead management, order management, workflows and many more features. SuiteCRM can be customized according to the business requirement of the Organization.
Why integrate SAP Business one with external CRM application
All the salesperson does not have access to SAP systems. If they provide access to salesperson maintenance cost increases and they can access the confidential information. So companies maintain this information in CRM. By accessing CRM, salesperson can see all relevant information from SAP Business One.
They can also interact, create and edit information into SAP. For example, through their campaign salespersons can add new customers in CRM which can automatically get synchronized with SAP Business one. Similarly headquarters can create a new account within SAP and it will automatically created and assigned to the respective sales person.
Synchronizing this information automatically reduces a lot of manual work, saves time and improves efficiency an accuracy. To automate this process we leverage a .NET connector which can flexibly handle these integration.
In this article, we will see the Account and Contact integration between SAP B1 and SuiteCRM using a .NET application. Following points will be discussed in this article.
- Account & Contact creation in SuiteCRM
- .NET Application
- Account & Contact creation in SAP B1
- These accounts will be synced to SuiteCRM
Account & Contact creation in SuiteCRM
In this article, we will explore two integration points – Accounts and Contacts. For this login to the SuiteCRM. This will open the Dashboard (which is shown in below screenshot).
- Now Click On Accounts module and click on Create button (Which is shown in below screenshot).
- Enter the Account related information like name, Industry, billing and shipping addresses. Click on save button (which is shown in below screenshot).
- Once the account is created, SAP Number is updated after syncing to SAP B1.
- Now Click On Contacts module and click on Create button (Which is shown in below screenshot).
- Enter the Contact information like name, Account, Email,and Mobile. Click on save button (which is shown in below screenshot).
- Once the Contact is created, SAP Number is updated after syncing to SAP B1.
This application Acts as Bridge between these two applications. We need to configure the credentials in the .NET application. By using the web service(REST) it communicates with the SuiteCRM. With the help of DI API(DI server),It communicates with the SAP B1. Data integration is bidirectional. We need to map which fields need to synchronize between these two applications. For Account, Name, Email, Telephone, Billing, and Shipping addresses needs to sync.
This application integrates the data based on a time interval which is configured in the application. Depends on organization needs this will be configured. The fastest speed is 5 minutes.
- After successful sync, SAP numbers are updated in SuiteCRM (which is shown in below screenshots).
- Account and Contact are created in SAP B1(which is shown in below screenshot).
Kindly note that synchronization process in the above-mentioned scenario requires a dependency which is that customers need to be synced before their contacts can be synchronized.
Account & Contact creation in SAP B1
In this section of the article will talk about integrating accounts and contacts in a step by step manner.
- After login to B1 GUI Navigate to Business partners and Click on Business partner Master Data (which is shown in below screenshot).
- Now click on add button.
- Enter the Account and Contact person details and Click on Add.
- After successful sync, Account, and Contact is created in SuiteCRM
By using .NET application, you can Integrate SAP B1 with SuiteCRM. In this way, we can also integrate Product, Opportunity, Quote, Order and Invoice. We sincerely hope that this was useful and any comment of feedback will be very helpful.
Who are we
We are passionate about SAP consulting and executing SAP Integration projects. Reach out to us for a free assessment of your SAP needs.