SugarCRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) system, It provides all typical customer facing business functions including Sales, Marketing, Service and administration in a single place. It provides a 360-degree view of customer. In this article we will be exploring team management feature within SugarCRM.
SugarCRM team management is combined with “Roles Management” to establish a strong security model for the non-admin user, Roles management contains standards and custom modules we can define access to users by using enable and disable options in role management. Team management serves a very important role defining permissions for a group of users in Sugar the team may be based on different units/departments or regions.
Types of Team in SugarCRM
SugarCRM organizational viewpoint teams will be managed differently based on their types, from a user viewpoint all teams will be managed much equal the following are three types of team management
- Global Team
- Private Team
- Standard Team
Let us understand the key features and differences between these teams.
The global team group is created by default by SugarCRM when the instance is set-up. In Sugar, The global team is a default team for all the users and any records affiliated with can be viewed as a member of the global team and this team cannot be deleted.
In Sugar by default, a private team is created for every user in the team module. The private team name will be updated anytime if a user profile is edited or re-saved. If any change made by an administrator it will save. it later points if the user edited details it will revert the changes in Sugar private team
Global and private teams are default in SugarCRM and cannot be created, the standard teams can be created by using team management settings a user should administrator access the standard team is business specifics to the organization in below example we are creating a standard team.
Creating Standard Team in SugarCRM
SugarCRM provides an easy to use and understand interface to create and maintain teams within the CRM system, for the system admin. Follow the steps below to create a new standard team.
Step 1 – Navigate to team module tab
To configure team management in Sugar a user should have administrator access to Sugar instance, follow the below steps to navigate to team module
- To navigate “administration page” in profile drop-down click “admin”
- In administrator page navigate to “Users” and click on “Team Management” as shown below screenshot
Step 2 Creating a team and Select Users
- Once you click on “Team Management” you be will navigate to “Teams” Module the following screenshot shows the “Team” module
- On click on “Create Team” you will be redirected to edit view
- Now fill team name and description and click on save
- The team record is successfully created as shown below screenshot
Step 3 Adding Users to “Sales west” team
- Now add a users to the team as shown below screenshot team is created
- As shown in below screenshot “Users” are added successfully
- If you want to “un-link” or remove from the team, click on “Un-link” as shown below screenshot
- By following the above steps you can create a team add users to it in SugarCRM
Creating a User and Assigning team
In the above steps we created a team and added users, now creating a user via user management and assigning team. Once user is created we can enable and disabled the access for standard and custom modules. Below are the steps for creating a user and assigning team
Step 1: Navigating to the User Management
- To access “User Management” tab navigate to administrator page and click “User Management” as shown in below screenshot
- The below screenshot shows the user management tab
- From roles tab click on “Create User” Fill the required details and click on save as show in below screenshot
- As shown in below screenshot user is created successfully
Step 2: Adding Team to created User
- To assign a team for the created user
- Open user and click “Access” as shown in below screenshot
- Assigning team to the created user as shown in below screenshot
- Now select the team using team search as in below screenshot
- Now team added successfully to user module as shown in below screenshot
By following the above steps we can create a team in SugarCRM, Hope this article is helpful
Evaluating SugarCRM for your business – We can help
Reach out to us so that we can assess and plan a road-map for your CRM implementation. Let’s build a system, which you will use for years to come.